1. Entry fees are as follows: For 3 meat entry (brisket, chicken, ribs) the fee will be $100, cooks choice will be $30, Beans $15, Dessert $10.
2. Entry fees and Entry forms are to be filled out and paid for no later than August 25th. Please return all forms and money to Zuehl Saloon.
3. There will be a 20 team maximum limit due to limited space of the saloon property. Limit 4 people to a team.
**Parking and Cooking**
1. Smokers may be dropped off the day before the cook-off. There will be NO campers permitted on the property due to limited space.
2. Teams may use any type of BBQ pit or smoker they choose. However, open fires, ground pits or gas grills are not allowed. All meats must be cooked over a wood or wood product fire. No electric grills.
3. Cooks meeting and meat check-in will be at 7 pm Friday, September 1st. Only one representative per team is required to be in attendance. Cooking may begin any time after this meeting.
4. All meat must be presented to inspectors in a raw state. Pre-cooked, pre-seasoned or marinated meat is not allowed. All preparation must be done on the cook-off grounds after your meat is inspected.
5. Teams are to prepare and cook in as sanitary manner as possible. Cooking conditions are subject to inspection. Unsanitary conditions are cause for team disqualification.
6. Please be courteous to the neighbors and keep noise level down. No loud music before 10 am, after that keep it an appropriate level. Portable Bluetooth speakers only… No truck speakers!
7. NO outside alcohol permitted on premises.
8. This is not a cut-throat competition cook-off. Brisket and Chicken must be fully cooked. Cook’s choice entry may be anything you wish to enter that can be cooked on a grill or smoker. Beans may be your choice of bean; however, no ingredient in the cup you turn in shall be larger than the bean. Desserts may be cooked ahead of time, we only ask that you are personally the one that has cooked it (don’t try to pass off store bought as your own )
9. There will be 5 judges. Please provide 5 slices of each meat. We are not asking for a specific size or length, just use your best judgment on the amount to provide that will give each judge enough to make their selections. All entries submitted to the judges must be free of garnishments or sauces. Meats may be cooked with sauces but must not be added to the judging trays, except for cook’s choice.
10. Each team will be provided a number and plates for each category they have entered with their number on the plate. In the bean event cups will be provided.
11. Please have all entries turned in at the designated times. You may begin turning entries in 15 minutes before the turn in time. Anything turned in late will be disqualified. Turn in times will be Saturday, September 2 as follows: Beans at 2 pm, Chef’s Choice at 2:30 pm, Desserts at 3 pm, Chicken 3:30 pm, Ribs at 4 pm, Brisket at 4:30 pm. Winners to be announced at 5:30 pm.