The New Year is coming quickly, and with us being right in the middle of the holiday season many people are in reflection time and reevaluating some of our life choices. New Year’s resolutions are the perfect opportunity for all of us who have failed to start making the changes that they said they would make next week, next month, or perhaps when spring started (last year).
Well, now’s your chance since January 1st is right around the corner. It’s time to sit down and prepare a list of important lifestyle changes you want to make! Here is a list of the top 3 resolutions on most people’s lists.
1. Get in shape: Losing weight is usually at the top of the list of resolution for us, and combined that with “exercise more” and “stay fit and healthy” it is something that we wish to achieve.
2. Meeting new people: We all get stuck in a rut from time to time. How many times have you missed out on opportunities for fun? Meeting new people and being part of something bigger can be beneficial to your mental well-being and help your life overall from family time to your work life.
3. Travel more and see the world: You don’t need to be a millionaire before you consider traveling to all the places you wanted to see. There are ways of experiencing all the beauty that nature and cultures has to offer.
Unfortunately, only 8 percent of people who make resolutions actually keep their New Year's resolutions, according to one commonly cited statistic. There are many reasons people can't or don’t stick to their resolutions, from setting too many resolutions or getting derailed by small failures.
One key to a successful resolution is finding people who have the same goals and can make keeping the resolutions fun and exciting. Having people to support you in meeting your goals and resolutions is a key component.
If you are looking for adventure, travel, changing your life for the better, or want to meet people then be sure to check out one of our following events open to the public:
• Annual New Years Resolution Hike. January 6th
• January meet and greet on January 11th at Rivercity Seafood
• Mission Trail 25 mile bike ride January 27th
Or check out our calendar at adventureclubsa.com