Facebook event page
Scobee Education Center
1 Block East of Intersection of San Pedro and West Park Street. Parking Lot 21 on the SAC Campus, S
Location: Scobee Education Center
Date: July 9 – 13
For Students entering grades 3 through 5
Camp Programs begin at 8:30am to 4:00pm
Cosmic Kids STEM Camp will actively engage campers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities while investigating NASA's mission — Off the Earth for the Earth. Students will experience living and working in space as astronauts exploring Earth and Space science concepts. Campers will learn how astronauts adapt to communicating, eating, sleeping and other everyday 'simple' activities in the microgravity environment. Students will train like an astronaut with NASA Fit Explorer and learn how to maintain a healthy body on earth and in space. Space exploration has led to many benefits to mankind. Campers will become engineers as they problem solve and learn about force and motion by building simple machines using LEGO Robotics, augmented reality and coding activities.
Register your child now through May 1st 1pm for Astronaut in Training Camp and receive a $50 early bird discount! Each child must be registered separately.
Campers must pack their own lunch. Morning and afternoon snacks provided.
No after camp care this year.
Full refund up to 4 weeks before camp; 90% refund up to 2 weeks before camp, and no refund after. Please contact Natasha Sobers at [email protected]
if you have questions or need more information.
• Campers attending full-day programs must bring a sack lunch.
• Campers are not to bring their own electronics or toys to the center. The Scobee Education Center is not responsible for these items should they be brought to camp.
• Parents, guardians or designated family members must come into the Ewing Halsell Hall to sign out their child, unless an acknowledgment form is on file for the camper to walk home or catch the bus. All designated family members, guardians, or authorized persons must be listed on our Acknowledgement of drop-off and pick-up policy form which will be sent to you via email upon payment.
• Pick-up time is 4:00pm each day.
• The following registration forms are required by San Antonio College. These forms will be sent to you electronically following payment and will need to be on file prior to starting camp: